Junior Merchandise Planner – Part Time
- Work Flexibly Part Time – 3-4 days per week
- Make your mark – operate autonomously with your depth of retail experience
- Ethical, sustainable fashion business genuinely committed to Work Life Balance
- Highly collaborative, family centric and supportive work environment
About The Role
We are looking for a talented Merchandise Planner to support our Merchandise Planning team and be the champion of our ELK retail network. Reporting to the Head of Merchandise Planning you will be responsible driving commercial results through both online and our existing retail network of 3 doors. You will work to ensure each season and each drop has a balanced product assortment and optimum inventory within each unique door, you will take ownership of sell-through performance, analyse online sales results, and update forecasting and category reporting.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Devise a solid, reliable merchandise plan for our ELK online and retail network using robust analysis of past sales figures and trends and anticipate future product needs
- Maximise our opportunity to sell product across all ELK product categories including apparel, accessories and footwear
- Prioritise stock allocation across online and each of our retail businesses to maximise sales, stock mix and stock availability and achieve or exceed budgeted sales
- Produce and recommend regular reporting in line with our calendar, providing insightful analysis and recommendations across our product lifecycle from inception to delivery in stores to clearing end of line or under-performing styles
- Closely partner with both online and retail stakeholders to ensure data driven, fact based, commercial decision making
What We'll Love About You
You have a love of fashion and a natural talent for numbers and analysis, coupled with a strong understanding of the retail planning environment gained in (ideally!) a similar, medium sized business. You’re a trader at heart – you’re results focussed and love nothing more than pulling the right levers to trade your business. You’re an excel and data guru; you know how to drive success and you make things happen. You know all the pieces that make an online and retail store hum and are exceptional at prioritising your hours, days and weeks accordingly.
Your values are aligned to ours. You have a positive, proactive, solutions focussed mindset and are curious by nature. We’ll love your ability to effortlessly collaborate across the team and work productively in a highly inclusive environment, ensuring everyone is on the same page and striving for the same goals. You effectively bring others on the journey to making data driven, fact based, commercial decisions.
Who are you?
You are a perfect match with:
- At least 4+ years’ experience in similar planning role within a medium sized bricks and mortar retail, fashion or beauty environment
- Advanced excel skills and experience working across different platforms and databases
- The ability to prioritise quickly to recommend and implement solutions based on sales drivers
- A commercial mindset with strong technical and analytical abilities
- Proven ability to drive sales and conversion to a fashion retail store
- Previous experience leading or managing a small team
In return we offer:
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- Genuine commitment to work life balance
- Market leading product discounts for you, your family & friends
- Your birthday off every year
- 2 days paid volunteer leave every year
- The ability to purchase up to 2 weeks additional leave every year
A pioneer of Australian design, ELK was established in 2004 in Melbourne, Australia. The ELK aesthetic holds a unique place within the international fashion landscape. With a highly considered approach by brand founders Marnie and Adam, ELK collections resonate with their global audience through sustainable and ethical practices, design refinement, trend curation and an intellect that is innately their own. Their sculptural accessories, hand-made leather and ready-to-wear collections define their artful vision while their devotion to ethical and sustainable practices has endured them as a leader in the practice of responsible innovation for the fashion industry.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, find out more by making contact with us at email@example.com.
We have spent over a decade building ELK into an iconic brand with a distinct personality. We are driven by a creative passion and dedication to cultivating a unique brand experience. These qualities are embedded throughout the company and the ELK label is a strengthening influence across a loyal, ever growing customer base. With an established platform and a clear, long-term vision the next phase of the ELK journey is one of significant growth and huge potential. We are excited about the future and to see our plans to cement ELK’s status as an emerging International brand.
To create enduring value through a design philosophy exemplified by stylish, intelligent simplicity, crafted with an artisanal aesthetic. Live a conscious and considered life that creates a positive impact on the local and global community.
ELK, a pioneer of independent Australian design was founded by husband and wife duo Marnie Goding and Adam Koniaras in 2004 in Melbourne, Australia. Founded on a belief in creativity, innovative design and an authentic approach where people are at the heart of every decision.
ELK creates bi-annual collections that are informed by a design ethos where simplicity meets innovation. Seasonal collections typically lean towards natural hues and maximise the use of fine quality raw materials sourced from all over the world.
Beyond their commitment to great design,ELK has a strong ethical foundation. As a family owned and operated business, there is a great respect for all persons that work within and for the business. ELK has garnered a loyal customer base and a global reach that sees ELK collections sold in over 1200 independent retailers across 20 different countries.
ELK has cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Through a creative approach, ELK has created a strong brand identity, and we nurture this quality in others by employing people who share our keen interest in design, our love of nature and simplicity and our commitment to an ethical and sustainable business. Just as each piece in our range is carefully created; we seek out individuals who can bring their own life experience and inspired ideas to our company.
In return, ELK provides employees with a unique work culture. Our culture is open and friendly, which promotes a happy work place. Staff retention is high and many team members have been with the company for long periods of time. Operating in this transparent fashion ensures everyone can be instrumental in helping steer the business towards future opportunities and growth. We live, create and work in a world surrounded by like-minded people, by peers that inspire us and aim to create a positive impact on all those that work with and for us.
We encourage our employees to integrate ELK products into their lives outside of work through offering product discounts, allowing ELK staff to act as brand ambassadors.
We encourage all employees to participate in our Health and Wellbeing Initiative which provides weekly organic local fruit and vegetables, social activities, community and charitable initiatives and health and wellbeing activities.
All employees are kept up to date with our ethical and sustainability drive and are informed about ELK products – from the design process, through the materials used-to craftsmanship and traditional skills utilised in making them– and are confident communicating about ELK to others.
ELK supports employees' involvement in activities outside of work, whether it be to study, artistic pursuits or volunteer work.
Learn the ELK story and meet the group of people that make up ELK.