The inspiring Free To Feed cooking instructor Nada shares her favourite salad recipe.
1kg Truss tomatoes
20 cloves of garlic
8 green chillies
2 bunches coriander leaves
1 pinch of Cumin
1tbs(20gm) of lemon, juiced
1 pinch Salt
Drizzle of Extra virgin olive oil
Prepare the dressing by roughly chopping everything & pound to a paste in a mortar & pestle.
- Peel eggplant so you end up with a striped effect, cut into 1.5cm thick slices then lightly salt.
- Place in a colander, let them sweat a little (this will stop the eggplant from absorbing too much oil when fried) & set aside for 30 minutes.
- Cut truss tomatoes into 1.5cm thick slices & heat oil in a shallow fry pan to 160C.
- Pat eggplant dry using kitchen paper & fry eggplant in batches, avoid over crowding in the frypan.
- Turn eggplant over once its brown on one side ( about 3 - 5minutes), remove & drain on kitchen paper, & repeat until all the eggplant is cooked.
- Layer alternate pieces of eggplant & truss tomato onto a serving platter, placing a teaspoon of reserved dressing between each slice of tomato & eggplant.
Drizzle remaining dressing across plate & serve.